Even thought we were there for a day and a half we had so much fun with them. We took our adventure down to Austin. If you are asking why we would drive an additional hour after coming 6.5 the answer is simple.....donuts. Being the nerd that I am, I love the Food Network Channel/HGTV/Travel Channel etc. The shows fascinate me and encourage me to try new cooking and home decor techinques. Well, a show on the Travel Channel recently was 101 Chowdown Countdown that listed the top 101 places to eat in the country. One such place was in Austin, TX and I was not going to pass this chance up. The Restaurant......RoundRock Donuts, their claim to fame......a 3 pound donut. This thing was DELICIOUS! We all thought it would be dry or gross but we were wrong on all counts. It was moist, chewy and perfectly glazed. I was in sweet sugary heaven. The best part, the little donuts were even better. So I went from amazing to AMAZING and my tastebuds were in pastry delight.
Check out the size of this sucker!?!
It is roughly the size of a dozen donuts in one.
To help, Dave is holding a normal size donut in the back.
Yup, it's that big.
Yup, it's that big.
Even Baby G got in on the action of trying to complete it.
We did fail because we had to try more than just the incredibly ginormous donut.
We did fail because we had to try more than just the incredibly ginormous donut.
They also served cinnamon rolls (not great)
regular donuts (Fantastic)
and sausage rolls (don't know, didn't try one)
After engorging ourselves, and while we were on a sugar high that we knew wouldn't last, we headed downtown to check out the capital and other known spots.
This is the view looking up into the capital dome. Cool, huh?
The street is then taken over with partyers and musicians.
It seems like it would be a lot of fun. Maybe next time......
Katie and I walking down Congress Ave
Family photo with Austin Art on the street.
This is a pretty typical pic of us,
Me looking beautiful, The Man making faces and Gman not even noticing.
It's a wonder we get Christmas cards out. :)
Dave and Katie, thanks so much for having us. It was blast! By now Dave has been deployed so Katie, I hope you are hanging in there. You know our home is always open if you need to escape. You both are in our prayers!
2 comments:
so glad you got a chance to visit with old friends. the Nana
Sad when a friend gets deployed, but I was relieved when my heart started beating again when I thought it was about OUR dave & Katie..how is that POSSILBE?? I saw them at church today...they just moved into the house...etc...then, the duh moment hit. Still, glad to verify in the photo it wasn't the same D&K ;) (You're laughing at me, aren't you?)
Post a Comment