Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gee Whiz Info

First, it's not my fault that I haven't posted in awhile. We have been doing some minor remodeling but enough that the computer has been unplugged and stored away for the last 3-4 weeks. Today is my first day back to the internet and I have truly missed it's presence. It's amazing how out of touch I feel without checking e-mail, other people's blogs and occasionally a news story. On the other hand I have gotten quite a bit done in other areas of my life. :)
So here's an interesting tidbit that I read the other day. If you eat 5 servings of chocolate a week while pregnant, you reduce your chances of pre-eclampsia by 40%
That's my problem, I gave up chocolate many years ago so I am 40% more likely to have pre-e over a normal pregnant woman. Crap.

3 comments:

lindsay said...

haha! see, I'm just practicing every week for the time in the far far far future when I MAY get pregnant again!

M said...

you left out that since you have already hd pre-e once your chances of having pre-e again also double.

double oh-no

Douglas Family said...

Hey good news is that you can eat chocolate...and that it is most common to have pre-e with your first pregnancy. Plus your doctor knows you have this tendency, so you will be watched carefully for any signs. I had pre-e with H, but with C only high blood pressure because they monitored closely and so I think they just delivered before it got to that (induced both times around). Don't spend too much time worrying about it or you'll make yourself crazy.