Monday, May 16, 2011

Extreme Haircut

I went to get a haircut on Saturday.
All in all, not a earth shattering event.
The plan, trim several inches off the bottom and fix my layers for a cut that is easy to do with a new baby around.
Easy Peasy.
The result....


Yup, that's a lot more than a few inches.
My hair was down past my shoulder blades when wet.
What you don't see is that it's an A-line cut so the back is SHORT.
Like, man hair cut short.
My stylist asked if I trusted her, I said yes.
She told me it would fall a little below my ears
I thought she meant my whole head would be a little below my ears
Oops, misunderstood that. :)
I do like it, I simply did not prepare myself for the change.
I feel like I aged over night and I miss my curls.
I am sure in another couple of days of seeing it,
and figuring out how to style it,
I will LOVE it like everyone else does.

I tried to do my hair curly like I used to.
Looks like a reverse mullet,
Party in the front, business in the back.
Thank goodness hair grows back
I've got a family photo to be in at the end of July.
Anyone know how to make hair grow faster?

7 comments:

Shannon said...

It is cute, but I would totally miss the ease and convenience of your last cut. Like you said, if you just don't like it over time, it will grow back. Until then, give it a whirl! BTW- my hair grew crazy fast when I was taking prenatal vitamins. Maybe they would help the growth speed. Good luck!

JamieLynn said...

umm so seriously the **EXACT** same thing happened to me last week. Went in for a little bit more than a trim cut, and came out with a reverse mullet...as you call it. I'll have to send you a pic, cuz we have the same haircut!! Too funny.

Babbel Family said...

Love it! Dan came home from church and told me you cut your hair. For HIM to notice and then tell me about it I knew it must have been drastic. It's so cute though. If you want it to grow just keep taking prenatal vitamins.

Papa Parrish said...

You are beautiful either way!

Turleygirl said...

Beautiful, as always.

Katie said...

Ohhh, it really is very pretty, very sophisticated. I wish I had a stylist that would just do something to my hair. But I can see this cut would take more time to style than the last. What did the Man say when he saw it? If it were me, I'm sure mine would say he liked it, but would be shocked to not have had any warning that all the hair would be gone!

Douglas Family said...

Sooooooo cute! Sorry it is a pain to do! At least you'll be cool this summer.