I LOVE Surprises.
I would rather have
gifts and presents
be a surprise
than be something I
know about
and really want.
The Man is generally
pretty awesome
at surprises.
Not to put pressure on him,
but he is very creative.
Our engagement story
is one big surprise
after another.
But that's another post.
When he is able to,
Birthdays and Christmas
are days that will never be forgotten.
Needless to say,
this takes them all.
It was neither
a birthday or Christmas
but it sure felt like both.
As many of you know,
The Man has moved to MN
to begin his new job
while the kids I stay
and try to sell the house.
It has been 3 weeks.
3 LOOONNNG weeks.
Some parts good
some parts so very bad
but we are hanging in there.
On Friday night,
around midnight,
I received a text from The Man.
All is said was
"Can I stop by?"
It took me about a second
to drop my phone
and RUN
to the door
to find him standing there!
YAYYYYY!
He had bought a ticket,
flew out after work,
arranged a ride home
to make me one happy woman.
This one didn't know what was going on.
But she sure was glad
to have another person
to smile at.
Unlike the baby
GMan was ecstatic
to have his dad back.
He was struggling the most
having the Man gone.
The visit has done him
a world of good.
We just might survive
until we move.
6 comments:
I'll have to admit this got me a little teary. It reminded me of when Omar had left to Florida and I was without him for 2 and a half months. What a happy surprise.
Love it! What a man. :-) Hope your home sells very, very fast.
Greg did that once for me when he was still in CA. It was pre-cell phone days. I had just gone to bed at something like 11 when the doorbell rang. I was scared to death until I looked outside and saw who it was. Best present EVER! Hope you all get to head out soon!
Yay! Good job, Man!
I'm so glad the other women in his life are so good looking, and so well loved. NanaP
How fun! Must have been the best day!
Post a Comment