Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Trip

So we went down to Arkansas to visit Daddy D, Mama M, Big J, Kickin C, Distracted J and Princess A for the long Memorial Day weekend. It was a last minute trip but it was so much fun. We drove down after work on Friday. It was a fun road trip that would have totally stunk if not for the magical power of the GPS Unit. We were sitting in traffic in the middle of nowhere and not really moving anywhere so The Man checked out alternate roads around the freeway. We got off as soon as we could, not really sure if we were going to be able to get back on since there wasn't much around. We took the chance and snaked our way through the back roads for a few miles. When we finally found a freeway entrance again there were no cars. We still don't know what happened but we were sure glad to have empty road for awhile. We definitely made good time after that point!
The weekend was simple and fun. We went to Kickin C's soccer game where he scored 3 of the teams 4 goals which led to their victory. While we watched we were in the nastiest weather that I have ever experienced. It doesn't sound bad until you have to sit in it but it was 90 degrees with really high humidity. Ugh, talk about oppressive. I am amazed how wiped out I was after the game. Lucky for me I took a nap everyday we were there. :)




The Man was a hit among the kids in the family. Princess A followed him everywhere and the boys wanted to show him everything they had done in their short lives. It was definitely a fun time with the kids while we read books and played games.

We also got to spend quality evening time with Daddy D and Mama M talking about what has been going on in each other's lives. It was so nice to catch up and to just be together. To bad Memorial Day is only one day and not three.

Overall the trip ROCKED and I would do it again any chance I had. If anyone else lived within a 10 hour drive of us I would say the same thing about you. :)

2 comments:

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

We want to come see YOU people this summer. The few days we spent before our wedding was definately NOT enough.

You asked for it! said...

Just washed the sheets. So when are you coming?