It's been awhile since I blogged but nothing is really going on. I spent a good portion of the week cleaning up from one trip and planning another. We amde it back from Big Daddy D and Mama M's but a week later I was leaving for AZ. I could never be a full time traveler, I do not like unpacking in order to do laundry and repack. Alas, both trips are worth the venture so I'll survive this one time.
This week wasn't all that exciting. I went with my young women to do a service activity for a family in our ward. There is a dear friend Stephanie who is having triplets and her husband is having a hard time keeping up with the yard work between working and taking care of his very prego wife. For mutual this week we went and pulled gobs and gobs of monster weeds from the yard. I kid you not, these weeds were alive and attacking. They had these spikes that cut through normal gloves so many of us were wearing two pairs of gloves and one of them needed to be leather. They were vicious. One thing I learned about that night is that pregnant women should not pull weeds. Holy cow did my body complain all night. It made me feel like I was 80 years old (sorry grandma I know you're still spry but I probably won't be). I am pretty sure that I will never do that again unless I decide that walking is no longer a necessity and I won't need my fingers for typing or piano playing. Maybe I could figure out how to do those activities with my toes. hmmm
This weekend was also our anniversary. As my gift to The Man (and let's be honest to myself) I planned an evening that started at a fancy steakhouse. :) Oh my deliciousness. Never did a chunk of cow taste so good. I did feel retarded though because I had prepped myself by asking The Man what kind of steak I would want so I knew what to order but I completely forgot that I was supposed to tell them how I wanted it cooked! I didn't know anything about cooking temperatures because all chicken is cooked the same. I want it not mooing anymore but not charcoal either. She asked me and I looked at The Man like a deer in the headlights. He just laughed at me, oh well. His suggestion was perfect and the meat disintegrated in my mouth. No chewing required. Mmmmmmmm After that we went and saw the movie Baby Mama. Holy funny! I'm not sure that the grandmothers in our lives would like it but there were many lines that had me rolling on the ground. To wrap up the evening we went to a gelato shop and got dessert. Even thought it wasn't our exact anniversary the evening was awesome!
I lived through all of that and still had time to clean the house and pack for my trip this morning. As of right now I have made it into Albuquerque and in a couple hours we will hop in the car to drive to Phoenix. I hope that everything goes well and the next post will tell you for sure!
3 comments:
See you guys soon!
We had a wonderful time at your Baby Shower! It was so good to see you in all of your beautiful glowing prego state. I still think you look to be maybe 5 months prego, good jeans- hail to your Mama! Lexi has asked repeatedly "where's my Chrisee?" She still thinks that the baby is her brother not cousin! Probably because all of her friends are going to be big sisters this year, so she thinks she is too. So funny and cute! Well we love you and miss you!
So I just found your blog (I seriously have issues with keeping in touch)! Congrats on the pregnancy and I hope you're feeling well. You're not too far off from your due date. I'm sure you're also enjoying the wonderful weather over there. We'll have to get together the next time you're around!
Post a Comment