A social experiment: When a sports obsessed salesman and an outgoing accountant reproduce.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Ever Wonder
Why do colds come faster and last longer when you have a baby? If my milk keeps him healthier, how come I can't keep myself healthier? If babies aren't allowed to have cold medicine, if I am nursing can I? If I sleep worse when I am sick, how come my baby sleeps better while he's sick? How come my when my spouse gets sick he is ill for 4 hours and I am going on 4 days? Anyways, these have been just a few of the thoughts going through my mind since Friday when I started feeling like poop. I will probably continue to wonder why the world isn't fair until I feel better. Yup, It's official, I hate having a cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Well, I can certainly tell which family you're coming from. :p Sorry you're sick. I think I had a cold from the end of January until mid-March earlier this year. I did my fair share of complaining (yes, your brother has taught me well). If you do decide to go for the cold medicine, I suggest sticking with simple robitussin. It works well for loosening up all the gunk so you can cough/snot it out. I'd be careful with the more heavy duty stuff, some of the ingredients can interfere with milk production. Just fyi (and sorry, can't remember for sure which ones...). Hope you feel better soon!
The one huge downside to nursing is no Nyquil when you really could use hours of great sleep! My recommendation- lots of soup. Veggie or chicken are my favorites when I'm sick. I'd come make you some, but it's a bit far. I can send recipes if you need them, though. (Make The Man go shopping, too!) Feel better!
I am so excited that I found your blog through Jenn! Your little one is so cute!I will have to get your email so we can talk. Mine is erikamarnold@hotmail.com
I am SO SO sorry you are sick! Please let me know if I can do anything to help!
I'm right there with you sister. The "No Nyquil" rule is so depressing. (I haven't had Nyquil in FIVE YEARS!) If you want my TRUE feelings on being a sick mom, read my blog post from yesterday...
By the way, you can take just plain old Sudafed for congestion. Call your baby's doctor--they'll tell you what you can take while nursing.
Hey I found your blog off of Jen. Your baby boy is so cute. I love the halloween pics. Here is my blog if you want to peak, I am just starting to get into this thing.
http://babuandfamily.blogspot.com
I hope you get better soon and if you need any help just call.
Jennie Stultz
Well, I can't answer all of these questions but i do have the answer to one. Matt is only sick for 4 hours because he has a great wife to tend to him and allow him to rest that whole time. You on the other hand do not have a great wife and likely don't have someone waiting on you hand and foot so it will take a little longer. If it makes you feel better I have been sick on and off for about 2 weeks and now I think I have a cold coming on. Women don't rest - and sometimes we really can't, so it just takes longer.
Oh, one more thing. People I know swear nettipa (sp?) is the cure for all cold and allergy symptoms. It is totally nasty to use, and I have never tried it, but very safe for a pregnant or nursing mom. Basically you squirt salt water with baking soda up one nostril and then it comes out the other...then you are cured. I know it sounds crazy, but I know a lot of people who swear by it and they seem pretty healthy.
Ditto... so sorry, and this stinks!
It does suck! My husband gets sick for 4 hours too! I totally hate that!
Post a Comment