Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Okay I know that Halloween was two days ago but I just downloaded the pictures onto the computer. This year we didn't bother to buy the Little Man a costume. Yeah we are cheap lazy parents. Getting over it right about....now.
Instead, I borrowed a Halloween themed outfit from Mimi and Nana sent us a pumpkin hat. We did not go trick or treating but I was planning on showing off the Little Man to the people who came to our door. Naturally my plan did not work because every time someone knocked on the door our baby was eating! Much to The Man's chagrin he had to hand out all of the Halloween candy. As a little background, The Man is the grinch of Halloween. He usually finds a way to not be home on Halloween so that he doesn't have to hand out candy but the party we attended didn't start until 7:30. That means until then we had trick or treaters. So lucky kids for getting extra candy from our house and a final Boo-humbug to The Man until next year!
Before you see the pictures I need to explain the costume. The hat that Nana sent, as cute as it is, was too small for the Little Man so we had to unroll the cuff in order to make it some-what fit.
By unrolling the cuff the hat stands up really high so we named him "The Pumpkin Pope" (we mean this as no offense to our Catholic readers, but when the hat fits.....)



The outfit with the hat. We were as pumpkiny as you can get without actually being a pumpkin. (What you don't see is that he is also wearing pumpkin socks.)
Worlds Strongest Psuedo Pumpkin!

For now we are considering buying a costume for next year since they are all on clearance right now. That would mean that we have to go shopping in the next couple of days so we'll see. The Little Man may be dressed up as a 14 month old next year.

3 comments:

Papa Parrish said...

What is the doctrine of the Pumpkin Pope's church? With the right doctrine he could attract quite a following, even if it is all made up stuff :) On a more serious note, what are you feeding the little man to get his head to grow so fast. Give the diet a good name and claim huge mental powers for kids who use the diet and you can sell a lot of books.

Papa

Shannon said...

Too cute! He certainly looks miserable at not having a costume! Glad The Man got the opportunity to share in a little holiday cheer. Consider it a growing experience! Enjoy the 364 non-Halloween days.

Leah said...

Girl, it has been WAY too long! I had no idea you have a baby now. Btw, are you a dolphin trainer at the Baltimore Aquarium? (We were visiting back East a few weeks ago.) If not, I found your lookalike!
I'm excited to catch up with you on your blog. It's so good to "see" you again.
Love, your favoritest roommate