Thanks to our friend Lindsay, we have discovered the greatest invention for this stage in a babies life. Since the Little Man hasn't figured out "finger foods" yet this is a way for him to practice eating on his own. There is not an official name for this item but it is essentially a ring on the end of a mesh bag. You fill the bag with mushy foods like pears, peaches and bananas and give it to the baby to eat. So far the little guy can't get enough of it and flaps his arms whenever he sees it. Gotta love baby steps to independance.
5 comments:
My kids totally missed out. Maybe the boys would be better about fruits, etc. if I could have fed them as a treat or a snack when they were 6 months old. So far we keep blaming the nurse when Spencer was born for giving him sugar water. He's never liked most fruits or vegetable. It's her fault! Don't know why it would effect the other boys, but I'm sticking with that story! Enjoy, Little Man!
I picked up one of those for my niece's baby, Averie. She choked on EVERYTHING! It was a lifesaver. Also, my daughter, Megan used one for her baby. I do not know how any of our babies survived without one.
My kids have always loved this. Not fun to clean out mashed bannanna, but totally worth it. Just don't be like the cashier at Meijer who told me she put orange chicken in it and her 8 month old went to town. So sad...
Hey Christie! How are you? I just came accross your blog and had to say hi! Your little guys is so cute!!
Score! Those things are great!
Post a Comment