for those of you who didn't know, we took a trip to AZ for the weddings of two dear friends. Before I get into those, I would first like to sing praises to the wonderful Orange Blossoms in AZ. I would like to thank them for hanging around long enough for me to come and visit and enjoy their lovely aroma. I so not know why someone hasn't made their smell into a candle yet. It is quite intoxicating and I forgot how wonderfully strong the smell is. I could not go outside without being bombarded by the familiar frangrance. Now that I have left, it's another item on my list of "Things from AZ that I Miss". Anyone think that I could grow oranges here? Yea, me neither.
Back to the weddings, I would post pictures but we didn't take any! We packed the camera and took it quite a few places, we just forgot to pull it out. We were really glad to be able to go to the temple with Lexi, go to Brent and Lexi's grooms dinner, then attend their wedding and reception. It was fun to catch up with Jeff Anderson and to play with Jared and Becca so thanks for getting married you two!
The next day we were lucky to go to Seth and Megan's reception and finally on Sunday, visit with them when they opened their gifts. It is nice that Seth found a woman more eloquent than he is. I have a feeling she will be one who calls him on his BS. Thank goodness! We are so happy for both couples. We were afraid that Brent and seth would one day have to marry each other so three cheers for the women that will put up with their shenanigans.
In order to enjoy the vast amounts of partying that we did many thanks to nana and papa and aunt Beth for watching the Little Man for the better part of the first four days of our trip. He wouldn't have survived being hauled around every where we went. And another thanks to Cherlyn for taking us to the zoo. The Little Man still doesn't notice the animals but it was fun to walk around and visit.
3 comments:
first off, there is such a candle that exists! Orange Blossom by gold canyon candles, it is the closest thing to it and i am obsessed!
second, i am sending the pics over right now! sorry it has taken me so long, i've been....well, lazy!
third, we enjoyed playing too and miss u guys so why don't you just move on home here pretty soon? you'll get to play with us AND enjoy those lovely blossoms, its a win win situation! :)
When I lived in OR, I came home one spring for a wedding. I too couldn't get enough of the smell so I decided to put some in a zip lock baggie and take them with me. I know, I'm a dork. Anyways, as I was going through security, the machine showed some suspicious plants in a plastic baggie. They quickly pulled me aside to rummage through my unmentionables only to find orange blossoms. I'm pretty sure that's not what they were looking for!!!
It was so good to see you guys at the weddings. Oh and there are a few pics on my blog with you guys. Unfortunately the one of you two rocking out was really blurry so I couldn't post it.
Post a Comment