Well, it is done. The house is packed, loaded on a truck and is sitting somewhere in Minnesota right now. We are in our hotel in Illinois anticipating tomorrow's drive. Everything has gone so great. I have to profusely thank my dear friend Katie E. for watching Gman for the last two days. I would have never been able to clean my house and gotten everything organized for our trip if he had been around. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I am most definitely sad to have left my dear sweet friends and the amazing young women that I not only taught but shared a tight bond with. We are trying to look forward to our new adventure. I am going to make some new friends so I can introduce them to my old friends one day. That way we can have one GIANT party somewhere in the middle, I am thinking Missouri. Not sure what's there but we can turn anywhere into a riot zone.
For now I am going to be grateful for the internet and cell phones so I can keep in touch with those I am not around anymore. Question for all you forty somethings out there, how did you keep close with your friends far away before e-mail, texting and blogs? I can't imagine how it can be done. :)
9 comments:
Hope your travels are safe and that Gman doesn't cry at all! Your new adventure will be fantastic, now you just add to your circle of friends. Who knows you might even like your new place better.
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...I'm standing here outside your door..." and I'm thinkin' WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS!!! Good luck on your drive...take pics of the random things you find on your road trip (like, in all your travels to MN, did you ever notice HOW MANY strange and odd animal statues they have in WI...like a giant Pink Elephant, a bull, a giant farmer, a giant mouse/cheese combo, a Hormel Chili can...etc.) Your pics from here to OK will be bloggable, I'm sure. Bet you wish you were in MN instead of the moving truck. WE SURE MISS YOU ALREADY!
Glad we said goodbye quick yesterday - I'm a crier you know. I will miss you tons, more than you know. OK is one lucky state.
Good luck on the move! Enjoy the new adventure.
As for keeping in touch- it was phone calls and Christmas cards or I didn't do a very good job. You're right, it is a lot harder without all the new gadgets.
I miss you already! p.s. i did get the boppy...thanks
We LOVED having Gman over at our house...and it meant we got to see you those last two days too! We are sure going to miss you!
May you enjoy your new adventure and your new friends!!! Let us know your new address and we will send you something to find in the mailbox. Nana
Um, I'll be in Missouri - what more do you need there? JK We'll miss you guys! Remember we're only 5 hours away soon, just in case you need anything.
So, what did you guys do about a house???
Post a Comment