After we returned to AZ from Disneyland we picked up Baby G and took him to the Nana's house. The next day we abandoned him once again to enjoy a four day jaunt to the entertaining land of Las Vegas. We enjoyed the trip with our amazing friends Brent and Lexi. It was great to joke around with them, enjoy the sights of the strip and get to know Lexi better. The trip included a stop to take the Dam Tour, we went to the Las Vegas temple, saw all the sights down the strip (both welcome and unwelcome), took in the show Ka by Cirque de Soliel, and partied in the New Year on the strip.
The one and only Sexy Lexi.
Standing INSIDE the dam at one of the grates
on the Nevada side. It seemed to be really
important that we remember which state we
were in. I don't know why, both sides are
mirror images of wach other.
The view from inside the dam, beautiful
On the observation deck. Behind us is the new bypass bridge that should be done by the end of the year. It should be great in alleviating the traffic congestion when trying to cross the Hoover Dam. The blasted traffic that we had to sit through. Awesome.
On the observation deck. Behind us is the new bypass bridge that should be done by the end of the year. It should be great in alleviating the traffic congestion when trying to cross the Hoover Dam. The blasted traffic that we had to sit through. Awesome.
The Bellagio fountain show. It's amazing,
go to LV just to see that.
The Mirage Volcano. Also awesome but it doesn't
explode every 15 minutes to the beat of different
songs. Still good though.
No we aren't in France, just in front
of the Paris hotel.
Ka - interesting show but not my favorite Cirque performance.
I would check out "O" instead, just my opinion.
On New Year's Eve waiting to ring in the New Year.
After midnight and we were trying to get back
to the car it was like we were packed in like
sardines (or vienna sausages since they stand up
in the can). We were moving as one big crowd.
ps - I've never seen so many old people at a New Year's party as I did on the strip. Interesting.
Anyway, a big thanks to Nana for watching GMan so we could enjoy an AMAZING trip together. It was very rejuvinating and definitely needed.
Thanks Brent and Lexi for stickin with us even when we were walking through ciga-weed smoke.
PARTY ON!
PARTY ON!
4 comments:
YES! Vegas on New Year's is the best ever......there is the true stench of cigar, cigarette, and pot smoke.....and the enormous drinking glasses full of liquor. Pretty crazy huh? Some of my favorite memories of living in Vegas actually! Looks like you had a lot of fun and it makes me even more excited because in a few weeks we will be there and Disneyland! Miss ya!
Seriously, I don't know how you do it! To be young and carefree AND an awesome mom? Teach me some of that suga :) I love your love of life, and you don't let things stand in your way. What made me think of you guys the other day?? Oh yeah, Steve and I wanted to have folks over after church...but kids were napping, and this, and that...and then I thought, "Wait..that never stood in the THEIR way"...And I thought, if you you could do it, we could do it. If could have been that...or the 5 lb bag of Bacon Bits we tap into at the Garcias.
What amazing fun you've been having. I am JEALOUS! Wish we could party hardy with you too. :)
So glad it was a good trip, Gman was G for great!! the NANA
Post a Comment