Sunday, January 24, 2010

Holiday Catch Up

Wow has it been a long time or what? In my defense, we partied hardy through Christmas and New Years and by the time we got home we both hit the ground running with work and callings. This is the first time since we got back that I have been able to sit at the home computer and blog. If this helps you understand my level of patheticness we just put away our Christmas decorations yesterday. Yup, I knew if we didn't do it yesterday than it wasn't going to get done before Valentine's Day and that's just disgusting. Since we vacationed way too long and had way too much fun I will post the trip in different sections. This post will be Christmas. We were in Arizona and celebrated the birth of the sweet 8 lb 14 oz baby Jesus (movie title anyone?) and 9 lb 8 oz Baby Matt with part of the P clan. Nate and Darcy were the gracious hosts and David also joined in the fun. We watched Home Alone on Christmas Eve to get into the Holiday spirit and I'm pretty sure I passed out somewhere in the middle of it. Christmas morning we awoke to our phones ringing with Christmas greetings from family who forgot to account for the time change between east coast and mountain standard time. Oops. It's okay because G Man awoke a short time later to see what Santa brought him. What a haul. He got blocks, cars (from Nate and Darcy and mom and dad), a football, a car the he can push around the house, clothes, etc. After Baby G opened two presents and didn't want to open anymore The Man told me it was a waste for me to have bought so much stuff. I don't care thought because it has been fun to see the kid play with it all. Following the present frenzy we gorged ourselves with delicious Kringle pastries and Hormel bacon and eggs. After breakfast the men went for a walk to the park while the women stayed home to clean and pack for our afternoon trek to California to enter the Happiest Place on Earth the next day. (That will be the next post) Either way here are some shots of the action.

Merry Christmas! Look at my Crazy hair. Don't worry it gets cut on New Years.
ps - I had him in really cute Christmas jammies but when we got him out of bed Christmas morning he had peed everywhere. That was GMan's present to me. Yummy!

Gman and Dad opening a book from the Nana

Me and Baby G. He just opened this truck which turned out to be one of Santa's more loved purchases.

The Mans' birthday dinner at Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney. We were getting a head start on our happiness but the park won't come until tomorrow.

3 comments:

JamieLynn said...

I love your glowing tv fire in the background!!

Papa Parrish said...

So good to see the photos of my dear ones. Thanks, Christie!!!Nana(Am I THE NANA?)

Kerri said...

Cool post...yeah, I'm with JamieLynn calling you out on not mentioning the glowing fire on the TV...you Arizonian.