Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Many of you know that Gman turned 2 many moons ago, August 14 to be exact. While we celebrated in real life, we forgot to include the blogger life. The day was great with the three of us actually spending the entire day together. No church or work engagements to tear us apart.
We started the morning off eating some seriously delectable dounts. This is a tradition that my family did when I was growing up but i am now thinking of putting the kabosh on it. My tummy hurt well past lunch time for dumping that much sugar in it before "real food" was ever consumed.
Following breakfast we opened presents! I do not know how families wait until that evening or a later birthday party to open presents. Even when it's not my birthday I love watching the presents getting opened. This is the loot.
Present included puzzles, cars, a racetrack for the cars and a dinosaur that he can sit on that he kept calling "dog"
Gman put "dog" on the couch so that they could watch Super Why together. The show is great but better when shared with a friend. (and yup, the dinosaur really is that big compared to him)


We spent the afternoon playing and shopping (a necessity every Saturday, even birthdays) and attending a party thrown by my work. We were able to play with other little kids and take a paddle boat ride. I forgot the camera but I was going to use the party as proof that I had a celebration on his birthday. :) My bad parenting plan was foiled by my forgetfulness. To top off a great day we got some delicious pizza which happens to be the kids favorite food. All in all it was a pretty fantastic day.

3 comments:

Mom O' Nine said...

LOVE the picture of GMan and his new friend, Dino.

Douglas Family said...

Can't even believe he is already two! Gman is looking even cuter, if that is possible, and I love "dog"!

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Yay for G-man turning 2! It's crazy he's that old and to think Mark is just a few months behind him. Also, congrats on baby #2. We're getting ready for a new arrival, too, although I'm not due until the end of March and I was sick for 8 weeks! Lucky you for avoiding that. :)