Saturday, October 29, 2011

Here we go! JULY (disgusting, I know)

And we're back! I am starting this post with the caveat that I lost my camera in May. Thus, all of the pictures in this post were taken by members if my family. All pictures taken in future posts were taken on my phone. Sorry. I will say, I am amazing with an HTC EVO phone camera. Woot! Woot!
The kids and I started July jetting off to Arizona to visit family.
My sister B and hubby K were kind enough to house the three of us for 10 days.
It was so much fun having tons of sister time, being with family, seeing old friends, swimming, and trying to not melt on the surface of the sun.
Since I didn't take a single picture, here at least is a picture of B and her family.
Her kids are so awesome.
They played with my little guy for hours.
Heaven
Since he never gets tired, it was quite the feat to keep up with him.
They held Little Miss all of the time.
Double heaven
I don't think she spent much time on the floor unless she was surrounded by her adoring public.
The kids even babysat my kids so I could go out with B a couple of times.
Chocolate covered heaven
Thanks T Fam for the rockin time in AZ!

After exhausting our resources in Arizona
the kids and I jumped in my parents car
(with them, of course) and we all drove up to Utah.
There we met up with The Man
to participate in my family reunion
with my parents and all my siblings.
It was so much fun to be together.
First, we stopped at my aunts house and visited my sweet grandma.
Her health has been failing for some time now and I was afraid that I wouldn't get the chance to see her again before she passed.
It was so kind of her to hold on to see my whole family.
It was also the first time that she was able to meet Miss L,
whose middle name is after this amazing woman.

After we were done, we went on to Aspen Grove Camp.
For those who don't know what this magical wonderland is,
let me tell you.
It is a family camp run by BYU
They provide housing, food, all day babysitting for any age kid, and access to multiple activities.
The Man does not like it because while they have a daily schedule for all of the kids
The adults have to "fend for themselves"
That being said, they provide the equipment for most sports, a ropes course, crafts, a swimming pool with slides, a golf simulator and who knows what else I am forgetting.
As adults we just have to arrange for our games.
If we want to play basketball, we have to find the players,
they will not set up the game for us.
Anyways, I LOVE it.

The first real activity we participated in was family pictures.
This is our group, all bajillion of us.
We are the bottom left, front and off center! :)
Guess I should have imported it bigger, my bad.

The first day of "Class"
This kid loved class, until he threw up.
Yup, part way through the week this kid caught a bug
starting a terrible chain reaction of flu
throughout my entire family
Rock on!

Another kudos to Aspen Grove
When you throw up
they come collect your bedding
put it in a biohazard bag
and leave you fresh bedding
It's kind of like the flu Santa
By the end of the week, they new who our group was
I am pretty sure they just burned down the lodge that we were in
The only true way to kill infection :)

Back to our activities
The Man and I decided to do the ropes course
I learned I LOVE heights
I went several days
By the end of the week
I was walking to the middle of the rope
dangled from my carabineer
and swung like a swing
and yes, I look down
How exhilarating


Yup, only two jumps people
He's amazing

This is my favorite picture from the whole week
Being held by Grandma
Smiling at Aunt B

GMan playing frisbee with Uncle K
patience must be one of his virtues

Us playing shuffle board.
The Man was the singles champion
I can hold my own
We are ready to retire

Sister hanging out with Aunt B
We love Aunt B

Playing ball with our cousin
She is so fun, they could run forever together

We didn't organize our own basketball game
But speed is more fun
Plus I have a better chance of keeping up :)

Other than having a sick kid, the week was so much fun.
We loaded our family and our stuff into our car for the drive to New Mexico
The sickness was not over when we pulled out
Poor Little Man had stuff coming out both ends
He ended up going through a weeks worth of clothes
During the 9 hours of driving
Yum!
We made it to my sister M's house
Just in time for the Little Miss and I to catch the flu
The next morning The Man was supposed to drive home
leaving the three of us in NM
for another week
By some small miracle, and lots of Pepto Bismal,
he made it home without incident
Once recovered,
the kids and I
enjoyed a fantastic week with M and her kids
(the hubby was traveling for work)
While recovering there was lots of tv watching
then a trip to the zoo
swimming, multiple times
saw the last Harry Potter book
(both movies)
It was great
but again, no pics
Sorry you didn't have a visual
but feel free to conjure up your own

4 comments:

lindsay said...

Wait, did I see that you ate chocolate? And I thought I knew you...

Kerri said...

Oh, THERE you are! Such fun to catch up on!

Baby Oven said...

Lindsay, I didn't actually eat chocolate. I figure it was a metaphor most people could relate too. I thought a yogurt covered heaven wouldn't quite make the same impact. :)

Katie said...

Missed you! Such a fun summer, such cute kids, love the way you tell stories!