Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October, we're almost there!

October has come and gone
I am finally writing about it
I am only 9 days late
Getting better
Warning: This post is soooooo
very stinking long
Apparently I take more pictures
when I actually have my camera.
Go figure

We started the month
seriously, October 1st
by having nap time
like this
I went to check on the baby
and found the Little Man
and Miss L
just talking to each other.
If we're not sleeping
at least we're bonding

It got cold in OK this month
Little Miss also got cold
I went to see what hats I had
and this is the only one that fits her
Good thing I think it's freaking adorable
on her

Our friends B and L came all the way from AZ to visit us
I did not get a single picture of them
Son of a gun!
I did take this picture
L and I went to Hancock's
and took G with us
He spent almost the entire time
in this chair
watching cars drive by.
He is ready to be an old man
who sits and waits for his wife to finish shopping

I read that Halloween is the most photographed holiday
I believe it
With a week worth of festivities
how can it not be?
We began our adventure
at a local pumpkin patch
with our friends the C's
where G promptly informed me
that he had to go potty.
Good job telling me!
Bad job telling me
when we were far away from a potty.
This is one of the few reasons I am jealous of boys
(and Nana, this shot is for you.)

Once we were relieved,
we decided to take the hay ride
to the corn maze

No, that is not grass
That is the corn maze
So pathetic
(in their defense,
the weather
was not conducive
for growing anything,
but weeds)
And that's what we got. :)
If you were able to find your way out of the corn maze,
and it was a close one,
you found this giant slide.
The kids LOVED it.

After getting their fill of sliding
we hoped back on the hay ride to go back
This is G with one of his dearest friends P

When you leave the pumpkin patch
you get to take a pumpkin home with you
It was a little creepy
because all of the pumpkins were almost identically the same
(except for the ones growing mold,
those were special)
Apparently, the only way Miss J could decide
was to test them out
by sitting on them.
An interesting method
that must have worked
She was very pleased with her choice.

The day after the pumpkin patch
we went to Storybook Forest (SF)
again with our friends, the C's
For those who do not know what SF is,
you're missing out
It is basically this trail through a state park forest
every 10 feet, or so,
a little display from a story is set up.
They have Rapunzel, Snow White, The Sword in the Stone,
The Three Little Pigs, Hanzel and Gretel,
The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe, etc
At each stop they hand out candy
(which is the important part)
This year, it was a very warm day
so we saved GMan's real costume for later
and he pulled out his Tigger costume
from his dress up stuff

After you make it through the forest
They have games set up, and a hay ride to go on
the kids played all the games
won lots of prizes
then played with them
while waiting for the hay ride

This is not the greatest photo
I took it
with my phone
on a bouncing trailer
(ps - the sticker is G's that he put there,
I was obliging)

The next day,
when we were all tired
and already hopped up on sugar
We attended our play group Halloween party.
The kids got to decorate their own cookies,
make ghosts out of suckers
and a bunch of other stuff
The only thing G wanted to do
was play with the balloons that someone blew up
Perfect.

The day after that
G had a Halloween program at school.
He was so adorable
and did great singing his songs.
There was, of course,
more cookies and candy.
Good golly,
is Halloween over yet?
NOPE


Two days later
(yes we got a one day reprieve)
was our ward trunk or treat
G had a blast doing the cupcake walk.
He didn't care that he won
he just kept doing the walk.
Pretty sure he won like 5
He only ate the frosting of 2.
The actually trick or treating is what he wanted
He was a natural
(but what kid isn't?)
They started late
so I hurried the kids around the parking lot
and made it back to our car
only to discover a line there.
What in the world?
The man had packed our kid basketball hoop
and was making everyone shoot for their treat.
Wish I had my camera to take a picture.
Totally creative
Totally awesome
Totally took way too long.
We had fun but our kids were wiped out.

We got another break on Sunday.
Love that day of rest!
and then Halloween punched us right in the face.
It has become a tradition that we go eat dinner
at our friends the C's
(are you seeing a pattern?)
then the kids go trick or treating together
(Their neighborhood is more festive than ours)

This is out little dinosaur,
the triceratops.
What an intimidating reptile

Our sweet little cupcake
I think this costume fit her demeanor
PERFECTLY

Dad is making her crack up
makes my heart melt

After a weeks worth of celebrating
I am sick of Halloween.
I wonder
do people feel like this
after Hanukkah?
now that it's over,
Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

nicciwoffinden said...

I LOVE the picture of L smiling in her costume - gorgeous:)

Katie said...

I love the cupcake costume! Your kids always make me smile:)

Papa Parrish said...

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!Nana got a kid fix. Thank you. Why do my arms ache to hold them? NanaP