Last week we celebrated,
the birthday
of our sweet GMan.
He is a simple kid
who does not ask for much.
For his birthday I asked what he wanted
and his only request
was doughnuts.
So why not!
As a side note -
Minnesota stinks in the junk food department.
There is not a doughnut shop in our entire city!
We had to go to the grocery store.
Good thing he doesn't care.
(FYI - today I asked him
what he wanted Santa to bring him for Christmas.
And he told me
Santa would figure it out.) Hehe
For his presents he got Wedgits
(if you don't know what they are look them up,
they are fun "blocks" for any age,
we have all spent time creating with them,
yup, that fun)
he also got a sleeping bag for camping with dad,
and a remote control car.
Miss L who was so excited
to watch G open his presents
and play with his stuff. :)
Now, I know there are many of you
who do the birthday party thing.
You can plan games,
food,
and prizes
to fit in your theme
and make it this amazingly awesome affair.
I am terrified of birthday parties.
G has never had one because I am scared of what to plan.
Well this year we decided we owed him something.
There are several birthday's around his
and it only seemed fair that he got a party like everyone else.
Since I am pregnant,
and extra lazy,
we were going to do the typical summer birthday party
and pull out the slip n slide,
some kiddie pools,
and water tables (for the babies)
All I had to do was provide water.
Easy peasy.
Well,
6 days before the party
we checked the weather.
The high on August 18th?
68 degrees!!!!!
You can't have a water party
if you're going to give your guests hypothermia!
Aghhh!!
So, I took action.
The day before G had picked out his cake.
An American Flag cake.
You sure bud?
Yup!
Okie dokie.
Well, that became my platform
for all things party.
I tried to turn regular party games
into something our nation could be proud of. :)
At the same time I thought
why not incorporate some Olympics?
Within a few days I had it figured out.
Then,
the night before the party
GMan gets a mild concussion
when he fell and smacked his head on the concrete.
Double Aggghhhh!
Another new plan.
Keep low key games,
throw out all things Olympic
requiring running or jumping.
Deep breath, no big deal.
And here is what we ended up with...
Pin the stars on the flag
For 2-5 year olds they did pretty good.
Some did cheat though
This is a little game
I stole from my friend Kerri,
off pinterest.
It was our "boxing"
They got to punch out a circle
and behind it was prizes that they got to take home.
The kids LOVED it.
This was our wall of targets
for "archery"
We filled up 60 water balloons
and told the kids
to try to destroy the targets.
So archery without bows or arrows
but they had a GREAT time throwing water balloons.
They did a great job destroying every target too.
The inspiration cake.
Vanilla with a vanilla center with white frosting.
Yea, our kid doesn't branch out much.
Chocolate is very hit or miss with him.
Blowing out those candles.
While making a birthday wish.
Our MN friends
It's great that he has some kids to play with
and party with.
Happy Birthday sweet guy!
3 comments:
Cute ideas and way to think on the fly! He's getting so big!
Wow, planning 3 parties for the price of one! Cute boy, cute games, cute Mom.
Good point, Katie :) This a party I would be very proud to call my own. Way to go!
Post a Comment