For the 4th of July we went to Minnesota to visit The Man's brother and his family. First, a big thank you to Jamie for playing hostess for the weekend. We had an awesome time hanging out with the siblings and nephews. Also, a shout out to John and Jamie for completing a triathlon on July 5th!!! I was a little jealous that they got to do it and a little disappointed in myself for not joining them. John told me to try it and I laughed at him but I now think it would have been fun. Oh well, lesson learned.
The weekend was filled with LOTS of food and fun. For anyone who wants to know, Rockband just might be the best video game ever made and Jackson "rocks out" on the drums. I also have to say that I am pretty sure that Max really is one of the sweetest kids I have ever hung out with. One afternoon I went on the porch to read a book and I was sitting on a chair that rocks and Max came up behind me and "rocked" me for a long time. Essentially he pushed the back of the chair like a swing. I felt like we bonded while I used him as slave labor, it was great.
The highlight of the weekend was the magical master bathtub. Let me give a little background. John and Jamie sold their old house but their new house is still being built. For now they are renting a place from a cute old couple who have been trying to sell their house but have been unsuccessful. The house is a nice size and a fun layout but my all time favorite part is the master bathroom. The tub has to be a special ordered piece.

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, the tub is MAUVE! The best part, and I wish I took more pictures, is that the sink, shower floor and toilet are all the same color. The toilet is even a special order piece that is actually bolted into the wall so there is nothing touching the ground. Isn't it beautiful? I have decided that should I ever have to deliver at home or do a water birth, it has to be in this bathtub. It's the only area special enough to mark the blessed occasion. I do not know what possessed this family to mark their bathroom with these pieces but it made my holiday. God Bless America for allowing choices like that to be made. :)
3 comments:
So you are about the only person that would appreciate this....last night on hgtv I saw my EXACT bathroom on a remodel show. The only difference is that they had two mauve sinks. Anyway, I was amazed that kohler managed to sell more than one of these beautiful tubs!!
It must be the brother of your home owner. Who else would pay money for that bathroom?
As a young child I heard stories of the legendary mauve tub, but I had to see it with my own two eyeballs to really believe! Maybe one day i'll be lucky enough to use a mauve toilet fixture....
Post a Comment