Sunday, July 20, 2008

Saddest Day Ever

So, I experienced the saddest day ever on Friday. I went jogging and came to the realization that I couldn't do it anymore. I was pretty sure somewhere during the jog I left a butt muscle on the sidewalk and if I hadn't stopped to walk, my belly button was going to split wide open. I know the visuals are disgusting but it's true, that's what happened. Either way I guess I should call it quits. It's a little of a bummer because my goal was to jog for one more week until I went to camp. I guess I'll have more of an excuse to not be able to run around and make sure things are going okay. SWEET! It is a little consolation that I can say I jogged until 34 weeks, I'm not sure many people do that. I'll have to send out a picture of the ever expanding belly soon so you understand what was bouncing around. Either way, that chapter is done until this baby is out. Maybe I'll take up underwater basket weaving in the mean time. I heard it's an exciting activity.

6 comments:

JamieLynn said...

If you're big enough not to jog, you should be able to roll!!

Shannon said...

Welcome to the rest of humanity! It's about time. Have you tried one of those tummy slings you can get? They're uncomfortable as all get out, but they definitely hold that baby up. Just enjoy the break for awhile and shop for a good jogging stroller instead!

Doreen said...

This post made me laugh. Out loud. LOL! I'm looking forward to your posts once the baby's here. I think they will be hilarious to read. Seriously. Yeah, do get a jogging stroller. I never had one, though I'm toying around with the idea. For the Fall time. I could go with just Kaylee and Elly while the boys are at school. Hm....

Keith and Nicci said...

Let's see, I stopped jogging.....before I ever got pregnant with Austin! Props to you:)

Rachel Macdonald said...

I had a dance teacher that ran every day that she was pregnant and the nastiest thing to see was her doing the splits! Good for you to run at all. I don't jog ever! The best jogging stroller you will ever find is Phil and Teds! I'm sure there are maybe more just geared to do jogging but this one does it all! Love you

Rachel

The Adamsons said...

ok, i laughed out loud with the visual you presented. i'm very proud of you though. i pretty much was lazy most of my pregnancy so i am really impressed with how well you have done. i am just now getting back into my pre-pregnancy stuff and i probably would have done it sooner if i had kept my butt in gear and kept working out. anyway, post another belly pic. can't wait to see it. make sure your face is in it this time. :)