Saturday, September 13, 2008

The First of Many

Today was the first of what will probably be lots of hard days for the Little Man. We're not sure what is exactly wrong but we do know that he is not feeling very good. I think his tummy is hurting him but his cries sound extremely similar so I have a hard time distinguishing between my tummy hurts because I'm sick and I am just hungry, go figure.
This is him snuggling with his grandma during one of the few naps he took today, poor kid.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh dear, that's bad. I hope you can figure it out without too much suffering. I'll tell you what revolutionized me as a mom, the second time around: I saw Dunstan's Baby Language on Oprah, and she identified 4 different sounds a baby makes and what they mean...and these are newborn babies. I was amazed that I could identify when Addison was hungry, wanted to suck, was tired, had gas, etc. It made the WORLD of difference. Google it for more info.

Natalie Francis said...

He is just as cute as can be. I love the sleeping picture - precious! Rachael was extremely fussy at first and crying like she was in pain also. If you're still nursing, I would cut out ALL dairy from your diet. It worked perfect for Rachael! Within 2 days of cutting out dairy, she was a whole new baby. No screaming in pain anymore. I had to keep off it until she was 6 months old but it worked. So, if you're nursing, I'd give it a shot. Let me know if it helps!

JCLS said...

Christie! He is such a doll! I am sorry he isn't feeling too good, that probably makes you feel so bad. The couch and tv are sweet! Jason walked in right when I pulled them up and he gasped.....I think he is jealous :)
Anyway, we are thinking of maybe driving to your neck of the woods on Sept 27-I have that Sat off and I was maybe going to hit up the outlet mall.....hehe....but maybe we could meet up for lunch at a certain heaven on earth pizza place in Naperville. What do you think?

Baby Oven said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I am up for anything at the moment so I'll check out Dunstan's baby language and see if eliminating dairy helps. Although, what will I do without ice cream? Oh the sacrifices we make for our kids. :)