Saturday, February 21, 2009

6 Month Update

Well, I tok the Little Man to his 6 month doctor appointment yesterday and the results are in.

Weight - 17 lbs 13 oz (50%)

Height - 27 7/8 inches (90%)

Head Circumference - 17 5/8 inches (75% but looks like 175%, it's a cute huge noggin)

The kid was a trooper. He was getting three shots for immunizations but the doctor also wanted him to get a flu shot since everyone in the world is sick right now. So two nurses stabbed him twice each. When they did it the first time he got this huge frown, his face turned bright red and then did the "I'm holding my breath cry". He continued to hold his breath through the next set of shots and even still when the nurse picked him up. She tried to get him to breathe and I told her to just hand him over and as soon as she did he inhaled, whimpered a little and was done!! What a STUD! The nurses we shocked. They couldn't believe that he didn't cry anymore and about three seconds later he was back to flirting with them with his sweet smiles. What a lucky mommy I am. It was then into the car where he fell asleep for a nice, long, tylenol aided nap. Glorious.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, that is amazing! Both of mine always scream bloody murder and are usually still crying even when we're leaving. Way to go Little Man!

Jennie said...

what a trooper you have there. He is such a cutie and don't worry about the big head they grow into it; my daughter has. Jared was 17.6 weight and 26 5/8 length. I need to add you to my blog so you can look at it. you can email me your email at jlc_bag@hotmail.com if you would like. thanks

Douglas Family said...

Glad to hear he is doing so well.

Papa Parrish said...

Charm those nurses, Gage!! Your daddy used to flirt with all the old ladies at every stoplight from his carseat. I'd look over, and there would be cute little blue hairs making eyes right back. He was practicing his sales even then! Nana