A social experiment: When a sports obsessed salesman and an outgoing accountant reproduce.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Rain vs. Snow
Did you ever notice how rain and snow each scent the air before falling? I usually love the snow smell for the first few falls of the year but now it's just old. I noticed the smell of rain tonight and I love it. I think it has something to do with growing up in the desert where rain was a luxury and not a common occurrence. Rain is perfect, it brings dark skies and cooler weather which makes you want to bundle up on the couch with a good book but when it's done you can still go outside without trudging through snow. As a new mom I appreciate being able to push a stroller through water and not ice. Oh you ever elusive spring, will you ever make it to our neck of the woods?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
amen to all of that! i am ready for this winter business to be over. bring on the spring!
As an old Idaho girl lucky enough to be in the desert you talked about, I remember all too well how you feel. At least it is rain, not snow, so things are looking up! Spring is coming, but it is kind of like a birth--never certain exactly when it is going to come. Don't rush it too fast, as it will be the hot season headed to HOTTER for us.
I was actually wishing the weather would stay cooler a little longer. I keep thinking of Marcus playing in 2 soccer games on Sat in the 85+ temps and mores games in the weekends to come. Atleast you'll get a taste of it in a few weeks.
You should have spring right around May - maybe earlier if you are lucky :) Ok, I don't really know, but you are headed to AZ, you will get your taste.
Post a Comment