The more we are married the less romantic we are on Valentine's Day, and I'm okay with that. This year we spent the weekend babysitting some of the coolest kids in our ward while their parents went to NY and we had a blast! The Little Man never had to entertain himself, and neither did I for that matter.
I know many of you got little presents, dinner dates or even weekend trips but I did not. Who would have ever thought that the selfish in me would ever be fine with not getting more stuff for any reason. I have changed my mind about gifts. Instead of flowers (which die anyway) and chocolate (that I don't want) I would rather have the money go toward the cruise that I really want to go on next year. (Keeping my fingers crossed) Instead, on V Day The Man told me "Everyday with you is like Valentines Day." Let's hear the "awwwww, that's so cute!" I love my man! Being mushy, lovey-dovey is so fun and for those of you who are disgusted, go throw up now.
6 comments:
Just got back from the bathroom. ;o) We don't do gifts for VDay, either. Really, why make it more stressful by having to try and find the perfect gift to give? All you need is love, da da dadadaaaa... :p
Since you're in for babysitting...Steve and I have been wanting to go on an extended vacation ourselves...Just kidding...It'd be more fun if you came with us anyways!
Jarrett doesn't believe in valentine's day either. Every year he tells me it's a retail scam.
Mr Wonderful brought home chocolate candy hearts for each of our girls and a bag of candy from Cerettas, or however you spell it. They are in downtown Glendale. He stops on his way home from karate each year. It is his tradition. Most of my girls are not married, so they are his sweethearts along with me. He gets chocolate Valentines even for the married ones. Someone can throw up if they want to, but even after 32 years, it touches me. I got Mr Wonderful a lap top....So he can watch TV and work in his favorite chair. Actually, it was so I could have my sewing room/computer back, but both of us are happy!
All i got out of that whole story was a cruise next year!!!! And to that, i say Amen
The best Valentine's gifts are the ones that are free and we can't talk about in this forum. Hopefully you got a little of that.
Post a Comment