Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bad Mommy Moment

So, on Monday morning we returned from our whilwind trip to AZ. The trip was amazing! We got to witness some pretty wonderful events and are grateful that we went. Thanks K and B for inviting us!
We drove all night Sunday to make it home Monday morning. Gman slept most of the night in the car but it was still only about 9 hours and he is used to 12 or 13. Well, I thought that Tuesday he was behaving grumpy and not napping because he had gotten over tired because of our trip. I was not very sympathetic because I was exhausted from driving most of the way home (The Man got the flu along with half my family. Awesome!) and all that I wanted to do was have Gman sleep so I could too. Well, Tuesday night as we were getting the kid dressed for bed I looked in his mouth and sometime during the day he had TWO molars break through. Yeah, sign me up for mom o' the year. It seems like I have had too many of those bad mom moments. I'll have to figure out how to make it up to him as he gets older. Maybe a pony......

3 comments:

Douglas Family said...

ponies are so last year...why not a porshe?

Shannon said...

Dad gave me very good advice when Erica was Gage's age- there's no way to ever make up to your kids for all your parenting mistakes- and it doesn't help them anyway. Just let it go or you'll break the bank. Unless Gage has some amazing photographic memory, he's probably forgotten all about it. You could send me a Porsche, though, if it would make you feel better!

Mom O' Nine said...

So funny. If that is the worst of your bad mommy moments, you are doing good. I read your blogs. The kid is lucky to have you, and vice versa.