So it's been a little while since I've updated the blog of our lives. Sorry about that. Girl's camp took over for the last few weeks. I have left and returned and the camp was VICTORIOUS! I took my camera to camp in the hopes of taking fun pictures to post but I literally never had time. Running camp was a new experience like I've never been through before. As a stake camp presidency we were literally up until midnight or so, slept until about 6 in the morning and then ran around all day like chickens with our heads cut off. The stress and preparation was totally worth it though. The activities couldn't have gone any better, the girls were awesome, and the Spirit abounded.
I did apparently overdo my activity level though. My ankles grew to sizes that are not human and could possibly count for 4 or 5 ankles each. They got so big the camp nurse freaked out and made me take my blood pressure. I so wish we hadn't done that. It got up to 138/101, apparently not good levels for those who don't know, and I did get sent home Thursday instead of leaving with everyone else on Friday. A GINORMOUS apology to Cindy the camp director for dogging out on her. It was doctor's orders though and Friday I felt like I had been hit by a bus so it was a good thing I was home instead of loading cars. Don't worry, I do not have pre-eclampsia like the doctor thought I did. I went to the doctor today and my blood pressure was back to a normal 118/68 and the baby is doing wonderfully. I guess the prayers of every young woman in the stake and all the leaders at camp probably helped with that one. :)
Just to show that camp was not all work, Cindy and I were able to join a game of sand volleyball with some of the girls. I wasn't thinking and took a dive to keep a ball in play. I discovered that we were playing in small rocks instead of sand. Needless to say my knees got cut up. Now Matt has physical proof to show that I wasn't obeying the "Take it easy at Camp" rules. Dang it! Either way I saved the ball and my team won. Yea! Another day, another moment of freaking out the camp nurse. :)

ps - A huge shout out to Gina, Michelle, and Leslie for the Hello Kitty band-aids. Don't they look awesome?
2 comments:
This is proof that any disobedience that may be displayed later on in our child’s life is strictly from her biological makeup and not mine. I must admit that this may not be news to many of you, it is not to me. However, 4 years, 2 month and 1 day ago I was not privy to this character flaw, but because of that fateful when I agreed to spend eternity with her, I also consented to the possibility that our children might inherit any given flaws that I may have been unaware of at the time. Everyday I am grateful that I made the mistake to marry someone who is disobedient, I just hope our child can forgive me for putting him at risk, but it is not my fault that he may be genetically scared with the disobedience gene, IT IS HIS MOMS! After all she is the one who disobeys me on a daily basis.
So glad you survived camp and I love your bandaids.
Post a Comment