Now the news. We went and got an ultrasound yesterday. For those who don't know, and that's most of you, three weeks ago I had an ultrasound and baby girl was measuring small, roughly the 15% for her age. Yesterday she dropped down to the 11%. Along with that, her torso measures several weeks too small as well. Both of those are indicators of placental problems and that she is not getting enough nutrients. She has been passing all of her non-stress tests and the blood flow from the umbilical cord is great. This means that I either 1) have small babies 2) baby is not getting enough nutrients or 3) she is just small. Since they can't quite tell which one it is, the ultrasound doctor is going to suggest to my doctor that they deliver baby girl as early as next week. It might seem counter intuitive to deliver her early when she is small but since she has hit full term, she might get more nutrients outside of me. Right now I am waiting to hear from my doctor to see if he wants to make a change. When I hear back I will let the world know when this little one will make her arrival.
It sounds scary or disappointing but we are fine with either decision. I trust my doctor and we have an awesome hospital so I am not worried about the health of me or her. I would love to keep her inside as long as I can but at this point it is what it is. So no worries or concern. It will all end up fine.
I now feel like I need to end with something funny or witty after all of that depressing news. A little story it is. Last night after we put G in bed he was sitting talking to himself. After a while his volume went up so we started paying attention to what he was saying. From his dark room we heard our little guy yelling "Go team, Go team, Go team! Go Packers, Go Packers, Go Packers, Go Packers, Go Packers." We were cracking up and it definitely made his dad a proud man. :)
3 comments:
I'm so grateful for the time and place that we live; little babies--no problem! I can't believe she could be here in a week! So exciting! You do look great, but it true what you say that no matter how big you are, you feel PREGNANT by the end. It'll be over soon, and then you'll just be a zombie from lack of sleep:)
Hope all goes well. I would have been happy to end my pregnancies early, though maybe not for this reason. Keep us posted and good luck!
someone here relates to "keep the baby in as long as possible" b/c it's somehow easier to juggle 2 kids if one is inside of you and not requiring an extra hand.
But it's easier than it...nope....you'll get used to....nope...
You'll just love her, and little girls make EVERYTHING worth it! Pick out your newborn baby outfit now :)
(do you need someone to send you a bow?)
Post a Comment