Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hospital Photos

Here's a photo of the Little Man right after he was born. Gotta love beautiful c-section babies!


The Man and the Little Man right after surgery. Mom was busy lying in bed next to them. :)



This was me before the c-section

And this is me after

Yup, I look pretty much the same. :)


Finally, here's the last shot we took of the Little Guy before leaving the hospital


We are all doing well still. I have to go get more blood drawn tomorrow because my liver enzymes are still twice their normal levels. I told the doctor I was just an over achiever and he needed to deal with that. :) He wasn't comfortable with that answer, hence, the blood work. Then, Thursday the Little Man gets to go in for his two week appointment. We will get to find out what a fatty he is! We're betting he weighs atleast 7 pounds because seriously, the kid eats all the time. He also poos all the time, so who knows, maybe he lost weight. :) Either way he is definitely related to the men in our families. Nothing else to report, we sit on our bums most of the day getting more recovered every day. Can't wait for the day when we can go out for a walk or even when we can go up and down stairs without both feet having to touch every step. Baby steps to eventually jogging. :)

6 comments:

Kerri said...

SO super cute! You have taken BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love that. Yes, beautiful C-Section babies b/c no crooked or squashed heads...Carter came out looking like a boxing bruiser, regardless because of hard labor before hand, but that went away quickly...Now, he just puts all those bruises on himself with all his running around (I swear...he did it HIMSELF!) Are you off the painkillers yet?

Shannon said...

I think you look a little happier after surgery. Is that the drugs smiling?! The Little Man is super cute. Wish we could be there to hold him, or have our 5 fight over him. Maybe it's good that we're way across the country! What happens if the liver enzymes don't go down? Medication? Waiting? New foods? Keep up the good recovery work and don't knock the two feet on the stairs. At least you're up and on them!

Natalie Francis said...

I'm so glad you're feeling a little better. I absolutely love the last picture you posted. He is precious! The recovery won't take too long. Wait until you're 6 weeks out and you won't even be able to tell you had surgery. You'll be able to jog before long. A few tips... do not vacuum for at least 6 weeks post op and don't try pilates for a while. Thanks for posting some pics. He's adorable and I love his name!

Douglas Family said...

He is so cute. I am glad you are taking your time recovering. I am sure your doctor would have a fit if you were already running. I can't wait to see all of you in person.

Kris and Lindsay Olson said...

Hey guys...I got your blog from your thank-you note...thanks! Your Little Man is so cute, and your look great! Our blog is theolsonteam.blogspot.com, check us out if you want! Looks like you guys are doing good.- Lindsay Olson/Reed

Doreen said...

Hey, time for more pictures! ;o) Hope you're taking full advantage of Mom being there. :o)