Monday was an incredibly funny day this week. I got up and went for a walk. When I left, I locked the front door because we now have a garage with a keycode. An hour later I came home, chatted with the mailman, opened the garage with the code and went to go inside when I discovered the door was locked. Oh man! I had forgot that Matt locked the door to the garage a couple of days before and I didn't even think to look.
Lucky for me Matt was in Wisconsin that day so he wasn't able to come and let me inside and the number to my landlord was in my phone on the kitchen counter. Awesome! I then took a second walk to Staci's house. Staci is a total babe in our ward who was nice enough to let me use her phone. She offered to let me hang out at her house but she was taking her kids swimming and I thought I should be a little more productive than watching tv all day. My plan was go hang out with Lindsay, her cute two year old girl and her two month old twins. She needs as much help as she can get most days, and since I had all the time in the world I figured I could finally step in. My major problem is that I had a doctor's appointment, no access to my car, and four hours to find a ride. Staci let me interrupt her day until I had talked to Lindsay to make sure she was there and to call Katie to give me a ride to the doctor.
I then took a thrid walk and I was lucky enough to be able to help Lindsay with her kids all the way until 8 pm when Matt finally got there to take me home. A huge thank you to Lindsay for feeding me a delicious lunch, for Adam (Lindsay's husband) for cooking delicious hamburgers, and for Katie for taking me to the doctor on her 2nd Anniversary.
I have now learned my lesson and spare house keys will be made and distributed to nearby friends so I don't have to have another STINKY day of sweating and then sitting in it. Yummy!
1 comment:
what a riot, Girl! If there's anyone that can make the most of such a situation, it's you!
Post a Comment