After my really funny Monday, I ended up having the worst Tuesday ever in life. Around midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning I started feeling extremely sick. By 3 am I stuff coming out of both ends atleast a half a dozen times. I called the doctor after hours line and the kind doctor told me it was probably just a flu virus and that I should take some Pepto Bismol. Let me tell you, Pepto Bismol is a load of crap! Haha, kind of funny play on words. Either way it works worth garbage. All day I was sick and I now have the DEEPEST sympathy for sick pregnant women. Usually vomiting brings some sort of relief, but when you're pregnant throwing up makes your belly have contractions which makes your back ache to no end. Either way you can no longer lay down in a comfortable position so then you get sick all over again. Vicious vicious cycle.
Well, when I hadn't kept food or liquid in my system all day I called the doctor back and asked if there was anything else I could do. The wonderful man prescribed me the most wonderful medication. Until yesterday I had never heard of Reglan but it is a miracle drug. Pepto Bismol, not a miracle, Reglan, miracle. Matt picked up the meds about 7 pm, I took it and 15 minutes later I was nausea free. I could even take tylenol for my back and I then got in a warm bath. By the time I got out of the bath I was ready to make friends with my bed. I had slept about 3 of the last 36 hours so pain free rest was fabulous and I enjoyed it for 12 hours last night.
I have now eaten, drunk and slept so life is wonderful again. We'll see what other excitement this pregnancy provides in the enxt couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted. :)
5 comments:
Hi Chris-
Mom said you'd been sick. I am SO sorry, but glad to hear you're feeling better. Let's keep the next couple of weeks fairly boring,. Sound ok to you!
Eeewwww.. I'm so sorry! Yeah, that is AWFUL!!!! Worse than anyone who has not been pregnant can ever imagine!!! And to be THAT far along....awful! I'm so glad it didn't last longer, though for you it was probably the longest and worst 36 hours of you life...I'm such a wimp when I'm sick...the last time I was sick was for 3 hours in June...yep, 3 hours, and I thought I was going to go to the hospital...It's all good...and look what a sparkling personality I have with all that "character building"...no wonder you are so amazing!
SOOO Sorry you were sick. It is the worst feeling ever when you not pregnant, 100,000% worse when you are. I'm glad your feeling better.
I can sympathize! Luckly it all worked out for the best! There must have been something in the air that day.
Next couple of weeks? Try days! HA HA Obviously your body had other plans. I'm thinking of you and hope everything goes well today. At least Sarah and the babe will share a birthday! YIPEE!
Take advantage of the hospital time to read Breaking Dawn!
Post a Comment