But I figured I would take a few, so when the little guy reads this informal journal in twenty or so years he will know how cool his mom is.
This was the day you were born. Because of complications with you and your mom they had to induce labor. You can see that even though your mom is in so much pain that she couldn't even tell when she was having contractions, she doesn't let it get to her and even cracks a smile and throws up a shout out to her peeps out there.

Even though she can't make a coherent sentence or remember 5 seconds ago, because of the medicine and exhaustion, she clearly understood who you were for the five minutes, and only time for the first 36 hours of your life she was allowed to hold you.

You have not been a clingy baby always willing to play with whoever will give you the most love and attention. But when we visited family in AZ and you weren't feeling well, you made it clear who your favorite person was.


So just know that this Mother’s Day may be her first as a mom, but she is already a pro. You should know, she is your favorite thing in the whole world!!

Despite your expression in this picture you never tire of your mother’s loves. As you often try to put your cheek in front of her lips so that you can get more of these.

Even though your dad can't get you to smile when he wants you to...
your mom never has that problem.

your mom never has that problem.
So just know that this Mother’s Day may be her first as a mom, but she is already a pro. You should know, she is your favorite thing in the whole world!!
-
From the husband to the wife:
I don't know why you wanted me to be the father of your children, but I know that I couldn't have gotten a better mother for mine. I love you. Happy Mother's Day.
8 comments:
AWWW! That was sweet. Happy Mother's Day!
Ahhhh.....Matt.....that was adorable! Love the peace sign!
That was very impressive Matt! Happy 1st Mothers day Christie!
What a great tribute! You really are a great mother, Baby Oven!
Such a sweet post! My favorite Mother's Day gift that I have seen this year!
Wow Matt! I think Christie is a lucky gal! Happy first Mother's day - although I think that you can count ones when you are expecting.
That was sweet!! You guys are the best!
Just wanted to let you know this blog gave me warm fuzzies all over.
Post a Comment