Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things I will not miss

To soften the blow of leaving good friends and great experiences I have been thinking of things that I will not miss.
1. Chicago traffic
2. Construction all summer
3. Nasty humidity
4. 6 inch snow storms
5. Goose Poop everywhere
6. Expensive gas
7. Finally, nasty restaurants aka - White Castle

I know I probably should explain that last one. I have gone my entire life without trying a White Castle slider and I was okay with that. The Man felt that since we were leaving and I may not have the opportunity again that I needed to go to this fast food establishment. Not seeing any reason to argue I agreed and we ordered our mini burgers. Now, for those of you who have never seen a slider, it a is a mini paper thin piece of what I think is beef topped with an equal amount of sauteed onions and 1 pickle chip (yes just one) all on a dinner roll. It looks nastier than it tastes but that's because there is so much bread and onion you can't taste the meat. In order to even out the ratio of bread to meat I took the top of my roll off and guess what I discover. Not only is it the worlds slimmest piece of meat, they actually cut holes out of the center of it so you're getting even less! Agghhhh. I am not a McDonalds person but even I would go get a McD's burger over a couple sliders because it's the same cost and 100 times more meat. Anyway, the experience was not all roses and chocolate and I would not be sad if I never saw a White Castle again. The entire experience just leaves me wondering, what are the crazy White Castle fanatics thinking?

3 comments:

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

I completely agree with you. Way overrated!

The Streiffs said...

FYI you can buy frozen white castle burgers from the grocery store. Cause I know deep down you really love them :)

Anonymous said...

Well most people that I know like White Castle because they are open 24 hrs. Also apparently when people eat them it helps them get over their hangovers quicker. So yeah I don't know what they put in those burgers to make the hangovers go away!