Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday - Belated

Well oops! Last week was GMan's birthday and I did not post about how awesome he is. In my defense we did celebrate but we were too busy celebrating and preparing to leave town the next day to sit down at the computer and type. So here it is....

Happy Birthday Little Man!

We started the morning by opening presents which consisted of books, a mini football, a key ring that plays music and other stuff I can't remember. Most were purchased to be good entertainers on the next days flight. After our morning nap we went swimming with our dear friends Katie and Mark. It was a good time and thoroughly wiped out my child for his afternoon nap. Instead of cake we just did a birthday cookie. GMan didn't seem to mind one bit and polished off any crumbs.

We also got his one year check up on Monday. He is a healthy normal baby. The doctor says he developing great and actually is speaking at a 15 month old level. No wonder I feel like he is talking all day, he is! I was actually relieved because I thought he was behind on speech so she calmed my fears. Here are his stats

Weight - 23 pounds (50%)

Height - 31 1/4" (90%)

Head - Humongous (90%)

GMan has also started walking this week. The other day he wanted me and just let go and took 5 steps to get to me. The Man and I try to get him to walk between us a couple times a day. Gman plays along a time or two but then refuses to stand up, the little stinker.

He also has four teeth now and we can see another four trying to make their way through. It makes for a grumpy baby but that is why we have invested in Motrin, the stuff rocks.

I think that's it for our Little Big Man. He grows up so much everyday and gets funnier and funnier. Those that don't see him much, be jealous, very jealous.

Hope GMan's birthday was as good for you as it was for us!
ps - Family members will get a 1 year photo, if anyone else wants one just let me know, thanks!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

First of all, I love commenting about photos---I LOVE this! Please tell me who took it!

Now, HOORAY FOR BDAY GMAN! You totally rock! Sounds like a GREAT day!

and for his parents--yeah, I'm really checking your blog before I leave for the hospital in 30 minutes...cool, huh? This might be the new life for having babies!

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday!! He is such a cutie, I love his picture. Congrats to you for making it through the first year and to more happy and fun years to come. They grow so fast, cherish every minute.

W.W. said...

He is absolutely adorable! My little guy just started walking this week too, although he is 14 and a half months. He's been taking about 3 steps or so for about a month and then would drop to his knees. Sunday, he just decided to start walking all around the room. It was pretty funny. I knew he could this whole time. He just lacked the confidence. Make sure you put up baby locks as soon as you move to your new place!

Darcy & Nathan Parrish said...

I AM VERY JEALOUS!!!!

Douglas Family said...

Jealous, but love the picture and hope that is the one I am getting!

The Adamsons said...

How is it that our babies are no longer babies?! I'm still pondering that question. His head size makes me laugh b/c Brig's was in the 30th percentile at his 1 yr. check. My kid has a small head and your's has a huge one! What a handsome baby you and Matt have. Time for another one yet?