Saturday, August 8, 2009

We're Moving


Yes you read that right. We found out on thursday that we are moving to the dry prairie land of Oklahoma City. Feel free to sing the Oklahoma OK song anytime, heaven knows we've sung it dozens of times already.

All I know right now is that The Man's effective date is September 7th. He will be at a training from Aug 29 until September 4th and I will be at my sister's from Aug 27 until September 5th so I hope that we don't have to move until after that. If we are supposed to move before I will just rearrange my trip, no biggie.

We are flying down on the 15th to check out houses. We have a day and a half so hopefully we find something we like. We then fly home the 17th first thing in the morning so the man can fly away to Tennessee for a meeting with his new territory that afternoon. Pretty much The Man will only be in town a week and a half before we move. Dear friends, if you see him assume it will be the last time. Sorry.

In case you're wondering we are excited and sad. Excited when we think of our new adventure but sad when we think of who we're leaving behind. Thank goodness for e-mail, blogs and facebook so we can all stay connected. Be happy for us, it makes the thought of leaving easier. So for now, farewell to pizza and hello BBQ!

5 comments:

JCLS said...

Sad day! But so exciting! That is great, I just can't believe it is so soon! Are you guys planning on buying a house, I bet you could get a great deal. Is Gage walking or getting close to it, I see is crawling. It is hard to believe he is almost one! Know only if my little one would come!

W.W. said...

Good luck with your new adventure! I know, there are always bittersweet feelings with a move. It's been almost a year and a half for us and we still TOTALLY miss our Illinois friends. No one would know it for as little as I keep in touch be we still think fondly of all yous:-)

Keith and Nicci said...

Congrats! Good luck with all the details coming up, and we'll see you in October!

{becca alder} said...

Jared told me the big news yesterday!! I am SO excited for your new adventure!!!!

Leah said...

Wow, that's a bit of a change. Good luck with the move!!