Saturday, December 31, 2011

Escape to Dallas

Since Miss L was doing so great
My Parents told us to go ahead and leave.
So we did.
Since we weren't actually planning on going.
Not a whole lot was, well, planned.

We checked out these fountains.
In this little area,
There were something like
173!
It was pretty.
And because it was freezing,
we were the only ones there.


We also went to the Book Depository.
Where Lee Harvey Oswald
Shot JFK.
It was pretty fascinating
to learn about the event and aftermath
and quite the experience to be
surrounded by that many conspiracy theorists.
So interesting
and entertaining all in one.

Two guesses where I am...
could they make it more obvious!?!?
Side note: No one else was walking on the grass
near this sign.
They were taking pics from the sidewalk.
I got a few dirty looks
and felt like I desecrated holy land.
But my pictures are cooler
because I am in them
and not just some stupid sign.
The rest of the trip was us being lazy.
We slept in
walked around town,
ate delicious food,
enjoyed the hot tub,
saw the sights.
and pretty much relished
having nothing to do
and no one yelling at us.
Thanks mom and dad
and sorry that my kids
didn't sleep for you.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Fun trip! And I love the new family pic! I've been wondering when miss l would make an apperance:) Really, really cute picture!

Douglas Family said...

Love the new photo!