Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tubes

We had a slight change in plans.
It is December 8th,
We are supposed to be leaving for a weekend away
Instead,
we are in the waiting room,
waiting to be taken into Pre-op.
Our amazing friend, and ENT, Rob
has been keeping track of Miss L's
frequent and lengthy
ear infections.
She's had 3 infections
in 3 months,
and fluid in her ears
the entire time.
So, we qualified for tubes!
He snuck us into his schedule
and we had surgery 3 days later.

No idea what's coming
but patiently waiting
Isn't this the cutest little gown
you've ever seen?
I think everything is cuter
in miniature form.
Give me that camera!
I'm coming!
Surgery went great.
The Miss woke herself up out of anesthesia
while walking to the recovery room
Seriously, who does that?
They watched her for a little while,
made sure she could keep food down,
and we were home by nap time.
I cannot thank Rob enough.
Because now,
my deaf baby can hear.
She's is even happier than before.
And I get the joys of seeing
and cleaning
ear infection junk
that now just seeps out her ears
Yummy!

No comments: