Since it was months ago,
you finally get to know,
we remodeled!
The kitchen was claustrophobic,
stuck in the 80's,
and the fluorescent lights sang you a song whenever they were on.
One night (back in April)
the Man had enough and took a hammer to it.
After tearing everything out,
(including the walls and floors),
using 6 months of our lives
(including 6 weeks without a functioning kitchen)
and spending gobs of money
(hello sad gingerbread house. hehe)
We have a happy, open kitchen.
Before continuing,
you must promise
that you will ignore
The leftover Christmas dinner,
the leftover Christmas goodies
and the drying Christmas dishes
that are in the shots of my new kitchen.
It still looks fantastic.
Here's the before
And the after
(you can't see the can lights,
but let's just say they don't sing to me)
From the other angle
Look how open that is
Again, a link that leads to nothing
I wish blogger would stop that
Finally, The hole on the left was a complete wall
The wall on the right stuck further out another couple of feet.
Tight and shut off.
Now it's airy and I can see what my kids are doing
while I am in the kitchen.
ps - please notice the floors.
They might be my favorite part.
Dark colored hard wood
go great with the new paint.
What a happy room.
3 comments:
How fun, but I bet you're totally glad to be done- just in time to move! Looks great, though. Good job!
Forgot- blogger does the "link to nowhere" for me too, sometimes. The only way I've found around it is to hit "enter" a couple of times until I can type without the link stuff appearing, then just back space the lines up to where I want them. There may be a more tech-savvy way to handle it but I'm too lazy/busy to figure it out. Hope someone else knows something better.
WOW! That really is amazing, so much better than before! WELL DONE!
Post a Comment