Tuesday, December 27, 2011

November

Welcome to November!
It's pre-Thanksgiving
and the ridiculous pie weight.
It's pre-Christmas
and I still have money.
It's also potentially the worst month,
and I just might sound like a whiner. :)

We started off great,
we got out Miss L's walker
and while she didn't go to town,
her brother helped her out.
Miss L's best friend Miss C
notice the toys they are chewing on
Notice the toys now.
They are already great at sharing
The difference between the men
and the women
in this family
This makes me happy
Two and half years later and he still fits
The Man went out of town
so to help survive
I introduced the Little Guy
to finger paint,
Apparently it's a hit
Now is where I should explain about our hard month.
It's amazing that I only photograph the good stuff.
For the last few weeks
Mr G has had increased leg pain
to the point of not being able to walk.
Sometimes it is accompanied by a fever.
This particular day
The Man was still out of town,
the fever spiked to 103,
the kid couldn't walk
and I couldn't take it anymore.
so, my friend Cari took Miss L
and G and I headed to the ER.
After 6 hours,
an IV,
and lots of tests
we walked away having caught croup
and knowing nothing.
Annoying
(this is the IV hand, sad)
This photo is for The Man.
This is the next day.
G was taking it easy
and chose to watch Sunday football.
Bummer.
This is now Monday,
and another day in the ER.
Since he now has croup,
he coughed so much he threw up.
After throwing up he could not breathe,
his lips turned blue
and we rushed back to the ER.
They gave him steroids,
a breathing treatment,
and some antibiotics.
He also had to eat a popsicle
to make sure he could keep food down.
The drugs helped.
The leg pain went away,
the fevers stopped
and the croup died down.
Just in time for the baby and I
to get sinus infections.
Aghh!

What a big helper I have!
It's great that he wants to be around
his sister
More playing.
I cannot tell you how nice it is to have a mini
babysitter.
A little someone who will play with
and entertain the baby.
When I have to get things done.
Thanksgiving feast at school.
His class got to be the indians.
But everyone got to eat the yummy food.
Double Pack hats.
Go Pack! Go Pack! Go Pack!
As a follow up to the ER visits
we went and met with an
orthopedic surgeon.
Naturally,
the ER medications stopped the leg pain.
So it was a total waste of time.
But he still got to rock the sexy
Paper Shorts!
Somewhere in the middle of this madness,
We got the news that my sweet grandma passed away.
We have been expecting this
and we know that she is much happier with grandpa.
Miss L and I were able to go to her funeral.
First, we flew to Arizona on Thanksgiving
and spent a couple days with family.
Then we drove to Cali with Beth and her family.

This is the Miss watching her cousin K play soccer.
I don't know if she actually watched soccer,
because all the mom's were too busy playing with her. :)
This is the drive to Cali.
The Miss wouldn't sleep
because I was sitting next to her.
But she was happy as long as she had food.
I got half way through eating an apple
and she swiped it when I wasn't paying attention.
Isn't she sweet?
Might be one of my favorite photos of her
The flight home.
Ever after 5 days of no sleep
She'll still give ya smiles

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear about gman's pains. Did they ever figure it out? How scary. I love the picture of miss l at the soccer game, those eyes!