For a long time now
I have felt that Miss L
was so content with her life
that she was choosing
to not learn any new, normal baby skills.
For months now
I have said
she is an 8 month old
trapped in a 4 month old body,
then
she is a 9 month old
trapped in a 4 month old body
then
she is a 10 month old,
you get it.
I kept saying that because
she had no teeth,
she didn't roll over
(at one point she learned how to roll
from her tummy to back,
but then she forgot)
she didn't crawl,
she didn't scoot,
she couldn't sit up from laying down
or pull up on anything.
You see why I kept calling her
a 4 month old?
Add in the fact
that she just barely
grew out of her 3-6 mos clothes,
and she could have passed for younger.
Well, this week she has advanced!
For the last several weeks
She has been working on
rolling
from her back to tummy.
And she got her first tooth in,
it only took 11 months.
But she's also
FINALLY
learned to sit up on her own.
I didn't realize it
until one morning
when the babe
was supposed to be
sleeping
but I kept hearing
these scratching noises
coming from her room.
I went in
to discover this.
Her love and admiration for
the wall.
Not only was she sitting up
but she was trying to pull up
on the railing.
Apparently,
she's tired of not being
her age.
from the bed in the highest position
to the lowest position
that day.
Seriously,
we didn't lower her bed
until she was 11 months old.
I hadn't thought
how weird that was
until now.
1 comment:
What a funny girl. But hey, if life is good, why change things?
Post a Comment