Thursday, January 12, 2012

Surprise Pictures

First you need some history
The Man's birthday was Christmas
It was a sad birthday this year.
It should have been awesome
because he was celebrating the big
3-0
but...
I had to get my house on the market,
get him moved in 2 weeks,
and mentally prepare myself for single parenthood.
I felt like I was in survival mode.
Well, I didn't want him to feel neglected so...
I came up with a plan.
For the first 30th day
(December 30th)
of his 30th year,
he was going to receive 30 of something.
Now what should that something be?
Again, he was leaving us
for who knows how long,
so how about 30 pictures
of his three favorite people?
I came up with this plan on Christmas Eve,
6 days before the 30th.
I called my friend and photographer
Stephanie
and made an earnest plea.
Please take and edit our pictures in 5 days
so I can implement my plan!
And guess what?
She did.
Isn't she awesome?

This is probably my favorite shot of the whole day.
It captures my kids.
I also like this one.
Little Guy
is trying to make
Miss L
smile.
What a sweet heart.
Me and my little guy.
I don't get many of the two of us.

The ladies of the house.
I think we're pretty darn cute.
We miss you Man!
Can't wait to see you.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a great idea! Such cute pictures, though with the subjects how could they be anything but? And ps, if anyone can single parent with style, it will be you! Hang in there! Here's hoping for the perfect buyer to come SOON!

Douglas Family said...

Love it - especially the black, white, yellow color scheme!