Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Her Mother's Daughter

For anyone who has asked me
"What is your favorite food?"
You will know the answer is
potatoes
in any form.
I decided long ago that potatoes
were the perfect food.
They can be boiled,
mashed
fried,
once baked,
twice baked,
au gratin,
or funeral.
They go with a variety of toppings
from simple butter or ketchup
to smothered in sour cream, cheese and bacon
(as a side note,
doesn't everything taste great
smothered in cheese and bacon?)

Frequently when dining out
I will order a salad with a side of fries
or a side of veggies and a side of fries
or the cheese fries with a side of veggies
are you seeing a pattern?
Much of what I order
revolves around the side I get.

Well, we recently went to McDonald's
Where my friends lovingly gave Miss L
some french fries.
And did she love them like her mom?
You tell me...
Yup, that fry dangled there
being gnawed on
for 20 minutes.
She never even needed to touch it.
That mouth was not letting go
of that greasy, salty
goodness.