A social experiment: When a sports obsessed salesman and an outgoing accountant reproduce.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Poor Little Man
This week was a sad week for the Little Man. He got a cold which wasn't really bad, he only had a little runny nose. He then got these weird bumps all over his lower back and bum and started acting funny so I called the doctor. We went into the office on Wednesday and she found that he had an ear infection and the bumps were a viral infection on his skin called faliculitis (sp.????). She prescribed amoxicillin for the ear infection and a antibiotic cream for his skin. Thursday showed no real improvement but I wasn't expecting one after one day. Friday rolled around and my baby woke up with a 104 degree fever! I couldn't believe it. I gave him tylenol but it only went down to 102.4 so I called the doctor yet again. She thought he got yet ANOTHER virus and told me to wait until this morning. If he still had a fever they wanted us to come in. My wise doctor, sure enough last night right before bed time his fever started going down. One more dose of motrin right before bed and the kid slept all night. This morning the fever was completely gone and we are great! What a poor baby. Thank goodness for modern nedicine I could have never made it as a pioneer mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thank goodness the little man is better!
It is SO scary to have a very sick baby. Glad all is well.
Oh, I hate the stress of high fevers with little ones. It can be really rough on them and us. Glad it was short lived.
get better, baby!!Nana
amen for motrin and modern medicine in general. i hate having a sick baby, too. brig had croop all week and then right when he was getting over that, he got hives! what the heck? thank you, benadryl!
Post a Comment