Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me!
It is my Birthday,
Happy Birthday to me!
Yea, it's my birthday! The Little Man was so excited for my big day that he tried to wake up at 6 this morning. I went and gave him his plug and he went back to sleep until 8:15 when I woke him up. I didn't want him to sleep too long and screw up his nap.
The only thing that is planned today is lunch with some girlfriends and their kids. My friend Katie called me up yesterday and asked me what I was doing today. I completely forgot it was my b-day and so I told her I wasn't doing a whole lot. She then reminded me that it was my birthday and said that she would call some ladies to do lunch. Good thing for friends who don't let your birthday go by unnoticed. We plan on taking over Portillo's. It a place with delicious hamburgers. These are the burgers that I craved my whole pregnancy. One week we went 5 times, gross I know.
The Man had to leave the house at 5:30 this morning but he was kind enough to wish me a Happy Birthday when he said goodbye. Atleast I know that he didn't forget. We'll see if he planned anything for later, I don't know yet. :)
As a final thought, I want to know, how many of you have forgotten your birthday and how old were you when it first happened? You won't be judged here, I'm hoping it will make me feel better about losing my brain.

12 comments:

Mom O' Nine said...

Baby Oven, I am 53, nearly 54 with a brain like swiss cheese. If I forgot my birthday, which I am certain I did, I can no longer remember when I forgot it. Hope this helps your survey. I do have one coming up the 29th of this month.....if I remember it. Enjoy your lunch. Happy Birthday!

kyleandbeth said...

Happy happy birthday to you! I was 25 for like 5 years in a row. I never forgot my actual birthday but when people asked, I forgot I actually aged. I am strange yes and much older than 25.

Keith and Nicci said...

I must be selfish because I've never forgotten my own yet... Happy birthday to you, though!

Baby Oven said...

Beth, if it makes you feel better, The Man forgot my age the very first birthday I had after we got married. Ever since then I have turned 21 every year. Lucky me

{becca alder} said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! yippee I LOVE birthdays! So no, I have never forgotten mine, birthdays are kind of a big deal for me :)
but...my mom did forget mine last year, does that count? she was out of town though so I let it slide.
also, i do always think i am a year younger than i actually am, and once i start getting the hang of it, i go and have another birthday! :)
hope you have a FABULOUS day and hopefully the man has something special planned

beloved30 said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is hard to forget cause it's the day after new years but I probably would have if it wasn't this year. Someone asked that day how old i was and I was like oh I'm 21!... Wait... 22?... what year was I born? 86, 87, 88... I think I'm 23? Preston how old am I?
It was pretty pathetic... But don't feel bad, blame the baby (brain)!

Doreen said...

Happy Birthday! I've never forgotten mine, though I do forget how old I am. I keep thinking I'm turning 24 or 25. Still! And it's been 6 years since the latter. :p

Amber Howard said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I haven't forgotten my birthday yet but only because its so close to christmas. I have forgotten how old I was though.. many many many times over. I'm so used to saying 25 that I forget how many times I've been 25. Seven times I think, see I still can't remember. lol

Shannon said...

Darn! You beat me to it. I was going to leave you a Happy Birthday, but I was obviously too busy this morning and now I missed my chance. I did think of you all morning, though.

As for the survey, I don't think I ever forgot my birthday, but maybe I just don't remember not remembering! I do occasionally forget how long I've been married. I tried to convince Greg once that it's been 20 years, but not quite yet. I'm falling more and more in Mom O' Nine's swiss cheese category every day!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!

Never forgotten my birthday. There are a couple that I wish I could have. Jeff did forget once, but only for about 5 minutes when I had to remind him. Pretty funny story. Remind me sometime to tell you about it.

Stefani said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to Portillo's today. Happy Birthday!

Douglas Family said...

Hope your birthday was great. I have never forgotten my birthday, but I have had to pause and think about how old I am. Good thing I was born Jan. 1980. That makes calculation easy. Oh, I also forget what year we are in, that I told John something about 5 times, and to feed my kids dinner on time (usually seems like they eat after 7pm). Feel better now?