Thursday, April 2, 2009

World Record? Maybe

I filled up my car with gas today, any one have any idea how long since I did that? 109 days! The last time that I filled the car was December 15th before we left for AZ. Best part is, I still had 4 gallons in my tank. I had the worst gas mileage though. I wonder how much gas evaporates over 3 1/2 months? If any one can figure it out, I would love to know. I'm sure it's not close to a record, but it's a record for me. Goes to show how far I don't drive these days. Honestly, we try to leave the house everyday but most of the stores are within 5 milese of our house. So, lucky for me and my wallet.

5 comments:

Mom O' Nine said...

Good job, Baby Oven. I fill up twice a week. I am running to Tempe twice a week to get/take Stephanie to/from college AND running a grandson home (across town)...put 66.6 miles on my car 2 hours after filling it up last time. We took my car to Sedona....You even have my 73 year old mother beat. She gasses her car up every other week.

Shannon said...

Awesome! I usually fill up every week, even if I haven't used much. That way it's always full. I've been driving moe lately since Erica started track. No late bus. She walked home yesterday and got a big blister on both balls of her feet. Poor thing can hardly walk today. I think it'll be awhile til she tries that again!

So, the question is, can you go another 109 miles? Oh, I'd say there's not too much evaproation in the winter, but that's just a guess.

Shannon said...

I think I'm tired. Can you go another 109 DAYS? Off to bed!

Douglas Family said...

WOW 109 days? I am sure that isn't the record (think of all the beaters sitting in driveways), but maybe the record for a car that actually runs. I am very jealous!

Amber Howard said...

HOLY COW!!! You haven't filled up since my birthday??? How is that possible. I'm lucky if I can go about 2 weeks and then I would be running on fumes. Thats a lot of money you saved... good job!